This document will take you through the steps of setting up the Express Calibration mode in Hand Engine 1.1.1.
- Download and Install the StretchSense Hand Engine 1.1.1.
- Launch Hand Engine and connect your glove(s).
- In the Actor section, click on the dropdown list and select your Actor (or create a new one). In the Profile section, click on the dropdown list and select your Profile (or create a new one).
- Click the Calibrate Express button (under Quick Calibration) and start moving your fingers and thumb through their full range of motion while rotating your wrist until the calibrate button has changed back to normal.
By default this will last for 9 seconds at which point you will see the message in the image below (to modify the calibration time see the Adjusting the Time for Express Calibration Capture section at the end of this documentation)
We recommend a combination of the following five motions when calibrating express mode:1. Finger wiggle2. Thumb extension3. Finger to thumb touches (back and forth)4. Splaying fingers5. Curling fingers into fist
- The Express Mode you calibrated will be saved as a captured pose called EXPRESS under your selected profile. Each time you click Calibrate Express it will reset the Express Mode calibration pose saved under the selected profile.This EXPRESS pose can be used in Express Mode or in combination with other additional captured poses in Hybrid Mode. See here for Hybrid Mode documentation. Express mode will not work for Blend Mode or Pose Detection.
Adjusting the Time for Express Calibration Capture
The Express Calibration mode can have its calibration time adjusted. To do that, click on Preferences from the top left, then set your preferred time for the Express Capture (seconds) from the Application Setting popup.