This document will take you through the steps recording data to an SD Card from the MoCap Pro Glove circuit.
StretchSense Hand Engine: Email email@example.com for details.
MoCap Pro Gloves
Micro SD Card (the SD card should be formatted as FAT32)
Operating System: Windows 10
Important Things to note:
1. The SD card cannot be hot swapped, i.e. the SD card should be inserted before you power on the glove and then only removed once the glove is powered down.
2. When the SD card is logging you should be able to see the light on the back on the glove alternate between blue and green (normally it just flashes blue)
3. Also there is no need to worry about the C->D switch that just pertains to the USB power/communication settings.
Setting up the SD Card recording
- Turn the glove off by long pressing the top button from the glove circuit, then insert the SD Card.
- Turn on the glove and run the Hand Engine software.
- From the glove tab within Hand Engine, at the very bottom you can find the SD Mode (see screenshot below). Click on the dropdown list and select Triggered by Record.
- From the Recording section, once you click on Rec (see screenshot below) it will start recording the raw data into the SD Card as a CSV file. Once you are done recording, you can click on Stop.
Note: Remember to only remove the microSD card after you have powered down the glove.
SD Card CSV file reformat process
Currently the CSV files recorded via SD Card are being saved under an incorrect format where the order of columns are different, this causes issues when importing the data into Hand Engine.
We have put a short-term solution until a proper fix is in place:
1- Download the below excel document that can do the columns swap to correctly import the data.
2- Open excel document "Convert SDRecording.xlsx"
3- Open a recording from the SDcard (i.e. "GLOVE-1_Take015_2021-02-17_11-51-46-am.csv")
4- Copy the contents of this SD recording file into the Reference tab of the Convert excel document.
5- Move to the Output tab of the convert excel document.
6- Save the document as a new file with the .csv extension.
The newly created/saved file can be run through the Hand Engine file mode.
Disclaimer, Intellectual Property and