This guide will provide an overview of how to
install a floating license server on your
local network that can be used to activate
Hand Engine on a PC on your local/VPN
- NOTE: There are separate floating license servers for Hand Engine Studio and Hand Engine Animator. Please be sure you have downloaded the correct version as Hand Engine Animator license keys will not work with the Hand Engine Studio Floating License Server and vice versa.
- Hand Engine Floating License Key: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for detailsNOTE: Please inform StretchSense if you want a floating license key. License keys can be converted between floating and machine-locked licenses on request to StretchSense.
A physical PC (not a virtual machine) that is connected to the same network as the PC you will be running Hand Engine on to install the Floating License Server onto.
Hand Engine installed but not activated on a PC on your LAN/VPN
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Using the Hand Engine Floating
License Server on your LAN/VPN
The StretchSense Floating License Server must
be installed on a physical PC on the same
network (either LAN or via VPN) as the
computer that will be running Hand Engine.
Please note a permanent connection to this
network is required to maintain the
activation. If your Hand Engine PC loses its
connection to the StretchSense Floating
License Server you will get a 15 minute grace
period before Hand Engine will
Unzip the Floating License Server files to a directory on the PC you will be installing the Floating License Server onto. It can be the StretchSense directory if you prefer C:\Program Files (x86)\StretchSense.NOTE: The Floating License Server must be a physical machine and not a virtual machine. For security reasons you cannot run the Floating License Server on a virtual machine.
- Open a command line window (you must Run with Administrator privileges) and navigate to the folder with the Floating License Server files in by typing:cd <your Install Directory>
Then hit 'Enter'.
- Run activate-install.bat (type in: activate-install.bat into the console then hit 'Enter'). You will be prompted for your license key (available from the Software Licenses section on your My Account page on www.stretchsense.com). Enter your license key and press 'Enter'. This will install the Floating License Server as a service on this PC. The Floating License Server uses port 13 on the license server machine, you may need to configure your network to allow traffic on port 13 between your license server machine and the other PC on the network.NOTE: Your license key must be configured to be a floating license key by StretchSense. This can be done on request by contacting email@example.com.Once you add your license key the below should come up:
- Open Hand Engine and select Floating License then click Next
- Add the IP address of the PC running the StretchSense Floating License Server (e.g. 127.0.0.1 if the Floating License Server is running on the same PC as Hand Engine) and port number (the default value is 13).