This document will take you through the steps
of installing the Hand Engine Beta software on
a Windows 10 PC
Hand Engine License Key (viewable on your account page on www.stretchsense.com/my-account)
Operating System: Windows 10
Hand Engine requires MS Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable to be installed. Download link here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840
Installing StretchSense Hand
- Run the Hand Engine Installer.exe, you will need to run it as an Administrator.
- Review the EULA and confirm you accept
- Select your installation directory and install.
- Once the installation is complete you can close the installer
- The installer will create a shortcut in the start menu and on the desktop
- If launching Hand Engine from a windows desktop shortcut and you want to bind Hand Engine to the LAN IP address of the PC you are running it on (as opposed to the default of 127.0.0.1) so the Hand Engine UI can be accessed from a remote PC on the same LAN, you can bind the IP and port by modifying the Target of the desktop shortcut to include the relevant IP address and port number. Right click the desktop shortcut and append the desired IP address and port in Target, then click OK. Launching the application from the desktop shortcut will now bind it to the specified IP address and port, making the Hand Engine UI accessible from remote computers on the same LAN.NOTE: You can run multiple instances of handEngine.exe on one pc provided you specify unique and available port numbers and have the appropriate licenses available.
- If launching Hand Engine from a command line and you want to bind Hand Engine to the LAN IP address of the PC you are running it on (as opposed to the default of 127.0.0.1) so the Hand Engine UI can be accessed from a remote PC on the same LAN, navigate to the installation directory for Hand Engine and run handEngine.exe --ip=”” --p= E.g. hand-engine-studio .exe --ip=”192.168.1.100” --p=3000NOTE: You can run multiple instances of Hand Engine.exe on one pc provided you specify unique and available port numbers and have the appropriate licenses available.
- The first time the program is launched it will open a window within your web launcher and request a license key. This key can be obtained from your account page on www.stretchsense.com. If you do not already have an account you can create an account using www.stretchsense.com/create-account/. Contact email@example.com if you have any issues.
- Once the key has been entered it should launch the HandEngine UI within the same window and you are ready to start. See Hand Engine User Guide (DOC-5010) for next steps.